IgA Nephropathy refers to the deposition of IgA in the glomerular mesangium. How does this immunoglobulin deposit into the glomerulus?
We say that there are two reasons for this consequence: one is infection, especially respiratory and gastrointestinal infections, which can increase the production of IgA in the blood;
Another reason is that children's physical characteristics are special. Where is it special? At present, it is generally acknowledged that this kind of child produces more IgA after infection than other children, or the ability of the liver to remove IgA is poor, or the kidney structure is special and easy to live on the Internet, or the structure of IgA is special and easy to deposit into the kidney.
Almost every child will have such and such infections, but very few children will have IgA nephropathy. In other words, only children with special constitution who have respiratory or gastrointestinal tract infections are likely to deposit IgA into the glomeruli, leading to IgA nephropathy.
What are the manifestations of IgA nephropathy?
IgA nephropathy can be classified into seven clinical types, namely:
(1) Simple hematuria can be microscopic hematuria, which can only be seen by laboratory tests; it can be naked hematuria;
(2) Simple proteinuria, urine test can have urine protein 1-4+, often need to do 24-hour urine protein quantitative examination;
(3) Hematuria plus proteinuria, with both hematuria and proteinuria;
(4) Acute nephritis syndrome, in addition to urinary abnormalities, has different degrees of edema, oliguria, hypertension and renal dysfunction;
(5) Nephrotic syndrome, there is a large amount of proteinuria, that is, 24-hour urine protein is more than 50 mg per kg body weight, and there is obvious concave edema;
(6) Rapid progressive nephritis, the renal function of children in a short period of time (several days) decreased sharply;
(7) Chronic nephritis, in addition to renal dysfunction, hematuria and proteinuria, children often have poor development, nocturia, anemia and persistent hypertension.
If you want to know more information, please leave a message below or send the medical reports to us. We will try our best to help you.